Thursday, December 15, 2011

Review for Bound By Darkness by Alexandra Ivy

Title: Bound By Darkness

Author: Alexandra Ivy



Description: The Sylvermysts have a reputation as sinister cousins to the fey, and none are more mysterious than Ariyal and his tribe. To save his people from banishment, he faces a new challenge: Jaelyn, an elite vampire warrior sent to capture him. By rights, he should kill her on sight. Yet he cannot bring himself to hurt her—or to resist her…



Jaelyn is stunningly beautiful, utterly lethal—and always alone. Until Ariyal. From their first encounter, she knows that what's between them is more dangerous than simple lust. And as they unite to thwart a terrifying prophecy that will mean the end of his clan and of the world they know, she will risk everything to fulfill her destiny by his side…



My Thoughts: Let me start by saying the “Guardians of Eternity” is one of my favorite series. I discovered this series by Alexandra Ivy by chance a few years ago when I saw “When Darkness Comes” (book one in the series) on the shelf and grabbed it up to give it a chance. Next thing I know I  was ordering all the books and kept buying when I knew the newest one would be out. Each time you wonder will it fall short of the last and for the latest installment I can tell you it sure hasn’t. I will say there is a lot going on in the beginning. First there is Jaelyn, a vampire and trained hunter, who has had a few crucial rules beaten into her such as no intimacy, no feelings and no taking a mate. Next is Ariyal, the prince of the Sylvermist, who was the bad guy when he was introduced in the last book, but this time you see a whole new side of him as one of the leading characters. I loved seeing a lot of the prior characters from the series brought into play, especially the lovable French gargoyle Levet. 



“Bound by Darkness” has Jaelyn being sent by the commission to bring back Ariyal, but then her mission changes to only keeping an eye on him. Problem is, Ariyal brings forth feelings she was trained to not have. As hunters are not allowed feelings, Ariyal making her hot and wanting him, infuriates her. Ariyal has always wanted Jaelyn. Despite his want, he is suspicious of her sudden willingness to help him stop a ritual that would bring back the Dark Lord. Suspicious or not though, he can't bring it to himself to get rid of her. So together they embark on a journey to save the world. Along the way Ariyal puts chinks in Jaelyn’s armor that protects where her feelings are hidden. 



Jaelyn is the kind of leading lady I love! She is a sarcastic, strong lady, but underneath it all is just a woman with a passionate and vulnerable side. Ariyal turns into quite the leading man. I love how Ivy’s leading men are never Prince Charmings, but show they have flaws. The banter and chemistry sizzles amongst the pages and you start rooting for the couple to overcome all obstacles. I wish there were more scenes with Levet. That is my only complaint. There is something about that little French gargoyle that always brings a smile to my face. Maybe it's because he catches all the ladies hearts, while irritating the males. This book has it all demons, spirits, wizards, trolls, ogres and zombies, Oh my! Ivy also gives you a taste of whats to come with Santiago and Nefri. The peek behind the veil has you wanting to see what will happen and leaves you wishing you could see it now. This Guardian's of Eternity fan will be holding her breath till I get my next fix in the world Ivy has created! 

I would also like to thank Alexandra Ivy for providing a ARC for review. 

5 out of 5 stars
You can buy Bound By Darkness here:

costs:  7.99

costs: 4.49

You can find Alexandra Ivy on Facebook here:

No comments: