Friday, May 18, 2012

Review for Deep Autumn Heat : A Loveswept Contemporary Romance ( Star Harbor #1) by Elisabeth Barrett

Title: Deep Autumn Heat : A Loveswept Contemporary Romance ( Star Harbor # 1)
Author: Elisabeth Barrett

Description: In this sexy new Star Harbor romance series, featuring the too-tempting Grayson brothers, a celebrity chef turns up the heat for a local cafĂ© owner—and things start to sizzle.

Lexie Meyers decides there’s nothing sweeter than watching Sebastian Grayson’s perfect, wicked mouth devour her coconut cake. He’s hot, he’s hungry, and he’s sizing her up like she’s the best thing on the menu. But she’s been burned in the past and flings just aren’t her thing. Too bad Sebastian can’t resist a challenge.

Worldly, famous, and notorious with the ladies, Seb had planned a weekend of fishing and relaxation with his brothers. Until Lexie, with her kissable lips and frosty “get lost” attitude, makes him want to forget his culinary empire and create some magic with her. After he fires up his charm—including challenging her to a televised cook-off to break through her resistance—it’s now hotter in the bedroom than it is in the kitchen and Lexie isn’t sure whether she’s lost her mind . . . or just her heart.

My Thoughts: Seb is home for the weekend with his brothers. They go to the LM Kitchen where he meets Lexie. From the beginning, he puts on his full effect attitude and flirtation, but she is a person who will basically tells you exactly what she thinks. The fact that she isn't falling all over Seb, has his interest right away and he sees her as a challenge he can't resist. Lexie on the other hand, is fighting the attraction after getting burned in the past. Seb gets under her skin however and his kiss sparks a reaction she can't deny .

Elisabeth Barrett is a new author to me, but holy wow!!!! I can honestly say there hasn’t been too many books that I read in one day lately, but this one I did not want to put down. Lexie is sassy, strong and caring. While Seb stole my heart with his sexy flirtations and bad boy persona. I was chuckling when the two would banter back and forth. Seb and Lexie were definitely heating up the pages in the kitchen and even more so in the bed. I felt like throwing my hands up in frustration at Lexie once towards the end of the book, but then thought hey it actually worked out. Barrett has strong characters, not only the leading, but all of them. You connect with all of them through her writing. There is romance, passion, and burning up the sheets intensity, as well as intrigue over a few mysteries. I did not want the book to end. When it did, I was already wanting to know when I could get the next Grayson brothers story and how long I will I have to wait. This is a definite must read. Barrett has just gained a new reader who will be anticipating her next book in me.

5 out of 5 stars

You can pre-order it here: 
costs: 2.99

6 comments:

Marina Adair said...

I am putting it on my summer reading list now!

lindsey hutchison @ United By Books said...

you will love it! I already feel like re-reading it

Sue said...

Hugs ladies -- I really enjoyed Elisabeth's sexy heroes too and am thrilled that you enjoyed her story - thanks for your great review!

Pat F said...

I have pre-ordered and counting the days!!!!

lindsey hutchison @ United By Books said...

Sue ~ Thanks for such a great opportunity to review it. I am def wanting to re-read it now

lindsey hutchison @ United By Books said...

Pat ~ your gonna love it!! I want to hear how you like it as well when you finally dig in